We are looking for a Super Executive Assistant
Do you want to work in an entrepreneurial environment as part of a small, high-capacity, dream team on a passionate mission to break the cycle of poverty through a new model for urban development that addresses social equity and access to opportunity for all? This job just might be for you.
LIFT ORLANDO IS LOOKING FOR A SUPER, ROCK-STAR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT / OFFICE MANAGER THAT WOULD BE EXCITED TO SUPPORT THE MISSION OF BREAKING THE CYCLE OF POVERTY FOR SOME OF ORLANDO'S MOST VULNERABLE. TO LEARN HOW TO JOIN THE TEAM THAT'S RALLYING THE MOST AMAZING BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY LEADERS, RESIDENTS AND VOLUNTEERS AROUND MAKING ORLANDO THE CITY BEAUTIFUL FOR EVERYONE, JUST KEEP READING.
BEFORE YOU READ FUTHER: DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES FOR THIS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ROLE?
Working in this highly relational yet fast-paced organization requires great flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, discipline for balancing competing priorities and the ability to work well with all levels of leadership, staff and community partners, residents and vendors. It is extremely important that you possess a strong sense of humor, that you will not be annoyed with the loud laugh of the Executive Director and that you will enjoy being the czar of hospitality and fun in a startup environment that would be extremely stressful if it wasn't so engaging, challenging and rewarding. Excelling in this capacity will demand great professionalism and compassion, the ability to manage multiple processes, organize workflows, and communicate with absolute clarity and accuracy in written and verbal forms. We believe we are working on a real solution for one of the greatest problems of our time so it is essential you understand that we take this calling very seriously... but ourselves, not so much. :-)
Position: Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Reporting Relationships: This position reports to the Executive Director while also supporting the Director of Development and working closely with the board, staff and community leaders.
General Description: LIFT Orlando is an organization consisting of business leaders partnering with residents to accelerate community transformation by achieving the shared goals of mixed-income housing, cradle to career education, community health and wellness and long-term economic viability. This advanced executive assistant position provides administrative support for the Executive Director, the Development Director and the board while being at the heart of a dream team staff providing office support for the performing their duties toward the achievement of the organizational goals. This role requires strong clerical and computer skills as well as the ability to comfortably learn software platforms and technical skills coupled with the ability to teach and coach others in the same.
Relationship Management and Development
- Manage the setup and maintenance of the Salesforce database with all the individual donors, foundations, and corporations and potential donors as well as conduct research on potential grant funders, assist with submission of grants and steward all grant funding
- Coordinate mailings, thank you letters, cards, event tours and presentations for strategic partners, donors, volunteers and community and business leaders.
- Create the operational foundation to implement the strategic plan for fundraising by establishing the infrastructure for a start-up development department’s processes and procedures
- Assist with prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with emphasis on major gift donors and annual fund donors while working strategically with staff and volunteer leaders to execute campaign priorities and goals for the silent and public phases of the fundraising campaign
- Manage the donor pipelines for the Executive Director and the Director for Development through the tracking of weekly actions, proposals, and gifts; and track and maintain incoming donations, capital campaign donations, gifts in kind and other miscellaneous donations
- Produce a monthly analysis to ensure fiscal year end goals are being met and financial objectives are achieved by anticipating requirements for budget preparation, scheduling expenditures and monitoring costs
- Assist with management of the donor stewardship program including the gift acknowledgement process, maintaining donor files, assuring appropriate acknowledgement for donors, and acting as first point of contact for our philanthropic partners
Administration and Project Management
- Take the initiative on requests and inquiries of administrative nature, including scheduling meetings, composing correspondence, such as letters, proposal and reports, preparing agendas, arranging meeting facilities, capturing minutes and coordinating travel plans as well as producing expense reports and processing follow up action items after meetings.
- Support the day-to-day operations and relieve management of administrative detail in all projects by coordinating work flow, inputting project updates and chasing delegated tasks to insure progress toward deadline and budget goals.
- Work with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude small and large projects which includes coordinating schedules and activities, placing orders for supplies and services, and tracking progress and results
- Produce spreadsheets, PowerPoint or Keynote presentations and other documents as needed whether its working with auditors during the annual audit, sending appropriate documentation and thank you letters to donors or filing appropriate government reports.
- Design and organize physical and digital filing systems and implement a tickler system for project management while demonstrating a high level of confidentiality due to access to personal, confidential information as well as highly sensitive project details.
Communications and Event Coordination
- Review and proofread the quality of important communications with internal and external stakeholders including, staff, board members, volunteers, community partners, neighborhood residents, volunteers, policymakers, funders and friends of the organization
- Provide marketing support and coordination for the Executive Director by managing the creation and distribution of content by gathering, editing and publishing messages via blog posts, social media, the website, targeted email lists and other digital media
- Oversee the production and assist with basic layouts and designs related to basic marketing materials and reports to board members, partners and other community stakeholders.
- Schedule, organize, and coordinate planning meetings, conference calls, email campaigns, guest reservations, venue selection, catering services, arrangement of meeting space and program design components for special events and programs
- Work with the marketing team made up of volunteers and paid professionals on publications, news stories, interviews, press releases, events, invitations and fundraising materials
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of training and/or at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a professional fundraising or sales environment with a proven proficiency in Salesforce
- Enthusiastic professionalism and an organized work style with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well individually, in a team environment and with key volunteers and board members
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills and a willingness teach others new skills
- Proficiency with basic office software such as word processors, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Basic marketing layout experience is desired
- Strong commitment to excellence, ethics and justice is a must
To inquire about the job and submit your resume, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.